- homework check - articles and past tenses
- research preparation:
- decide whether to write:
(ii) an informal article about your findings for a student magazine (min 150 words)
- split into groups (2 or 3) with similar interests
- decide the group's research focus:
people who you are and why you want to ask them questions: 'Hi, I'm XX, and
I'm an English student. We are researching X. Would you mind...
- share out research tasks
(B) interviewer (if required) - could also be the time-keeper for the preparation tasks
(C) note-taker while in the shops
- decide how you will write your final essay/article: - each student to write a paragraph?
- the 'note-taker' to write the 1st draft and the others to do the 2nd
draft and final version?
- - everybody to write a separate report?
- 3.30 - look at other groups' work and edit your own spreadsheet
- break - 3.45?
- Jane will get your documents printed.
- meet downstairs - 4pm?
- visit 1/2/3 bookshops to collect information - please wear your NCM pass
- try to talk to people, but if this is not successful, make some observations to talk about in your writing
- 5.30 meet for coffee or meet back at school?
- weekend homework: write your essay/article in Google Drive (for Monday)
Travelling Man, 4 Dale St, Manchester M1 1JWWHSmith, Arndale Centre
The Works, Arndale Centre
My mobile number in case of difficulties: